Then look no further than Borrowed Blue & Lace. We have the experience to help you select the PERFECT dress.
We offer after school (Tuesdays and Wednesdays 3.30-5.30pm) and Saturday (10-4pm) appointments with exclusive access to our Prom room for 30 minutes where you can try on dresses until you find THE ONE! If you are interested in coming with 2 friends you are welcome to all try on and we can extend the appointment to ONE hour.
Our designer dresses are from Dessy, Ruby Prom, Alfred Sung, After Six and Dancing Queen by Amanda Wyatt so plenty of choice. Colour choice is extensive too. We do have some dresses in stock to purchase on the day so come and see us early!
The dresses can be selected in soft chiffon, silk, satin, jersey or taffeta and these fabric types can be offered across a wide range of colours to suit all skin tones and hair colours.
At Borrowed Blue & Lace we hold a register for each school and a list of all dresses chosen from our boutique. We only supply one dress in one particular colour to one school at a time, although we are the authorised stockist of Ruby Prom in this area we have no control over dresses that are bought from other areas, should you have an interest in a particular Dress please be aware the first person to order a style in a colour will have preference.
Ordering time For a Dessy or Alfred Sung dress is approx. 10 weeks however some styles can be ordered within 2 weeks. Ruby Prom dresses we have in stock so if you find a dress and you want it there and then, you can have it!!
Please book an appointment with us and we look forward to welcoming you at the Boutique.
TOP TEN TIPS ON BUYING YOUR PROM DRESS.
- As Christmas approaches now is the time to find that Perfect dress so research what is out there.
- It’s great if you can come with an idea of what kind of design of dress you would like even a photo from the internet can be helpful.
- Think about what colour you like as many of our dress come in a huge variety of colours so you may try on a Pink dress love the style and order it in a sapphire blue.
- With our exclusive registry you have peace of mind.
- Bring you decision making head, as time is of the essence once you find the dress do not delay ORDER it!
- If you find your perfect dress here and we have it in stock then it is 100% payment.
- If you are pre ordering your dress we ask for a 50% deposit to secure the order. If you want to split that initial payment over 2 months that is fine but we cannot order the dress for you until the full 50% is secured with us.
- Final payment when you pick up your dress.
- We have a seamstress here who can make tweaks to your dress at an hourly rate of £15 should your hem need shortening or the dress needs to be taken in slightly. Allow around £50-65 for this.
- Consider your budget. Our dresses range from £220-350.